(1) The polka dotted ceiling I got when I took my disco ball out for a spin (no pun intended) Wednesday afternoon, and then the comment my buddy Gretchen left in response to it: “You always find such beauty and wonder in the everyday, and I love you for it.” It was such a thoughtful thing to say, and it caught me off guard a bit because I tend to catch these notable ‘normal’ moments when I’m feeling lost, and am looking around for something to latch on to. For someone to happily appreciate something I needed to find in order to save myself in the moment — well that’s art, no?
(2) My sister will basically be my neighbor by Spring 2018! She has been looking at a few apartments in my same complex and put offers on a few with no favorable outcomes, until just this week! She got a one-bedroom foreclosure for a really good price, and plans to redo the kitchen and repaint the walls! She’s had a tough year, and I’m so happy for her to be able to start fresh in a new in a place. I’m so happy that my best friend will be footsteps away! This is great news.
(3) The projects I’ve been making for Studio Calico using their November Planner Kit! They reached out a couple of weeks ago and wanted to feature me next month as one of their guest designers. Chuhhh…YEAH! was basically my answer. I haven’t played with stamps in crazy long, or stuck to only the items in a specific kit in crazy long, so this was definitely a challenge – but it’s amazing what you can come up with when strict parameters are set. It’s oddly freeing!
(4) The hope I’ve been having in my heart for a big break to come my way, and the documenting of it – traveler’s notebook style (with the clips to hold it open and errythang! haa haa!) – in this story journal by The Awesome Ladies Project. Nervous butterflies, keeping my eyes in my own lane, hoping the authentic extension of my journey is realized and I’m granted an opportunity that would be a solid next step – I know all of this blah blah sounds incredibly vague, but there’s heavy finger-crossing going on over here, and I can’t — I just can’t — spill any beans in premature anticipation. I hope to be able to share good news soon! Gah!
(5) …and after all that, this fortune cookie magic in my Chinese takeout order earlier this week. Conincidence? You be the judge. I’m not gonna say anything ’bout anything else. I think it’s all self-explanatory at this point.
I will say ‘happy weekend’ to you, dear reader, and ‘thanks for visiting.’ I’d love it if you’d leave a comment sharing a sweet something that made you happy this week. // xoxo!